Today we share an important infographic titled "smoking and health in Scotland". Smoking addiction is perhaps the most common form of addiction throughout the world, and Scotland is no exception in this regard.
This lively infographic is by CRESH and The University of Edinburgh.
At Rehab 4 Addiction, we assist people who suffer from many different types of addiction. Each day, we receive many calls from people who are looking to quit smoking for good, and we fell this infographic correctly conveys the dangers of smoking.
The infographic outlines many alarming facts about smoking in Scotland.
Some of these facts include:
- Every 10 minutes, somebody in Scotland is hospitalised with a smoking-related illness
- 36 people die every day in Scotland from a smoking-related illness
- 1 in 4 deaths relate to smoking
- There are around 10,000 places to buy tobacco in Scotland
- People living in deprived neighbourhoods are 4x more likely to smoke than those living in more affluent ones
We hope you enjoy the below infographic. Be sure to share this infographic on your social media channels and on your blog if you have one.
Here's the infographic:
Click here to view a larger version of this infographic.