We Have Found Multiple Treatment Facilities In Salisbury
Get Help Now
You are on your way to a brighter future, Call us now to talk to one of our expert addiction counsellors on 0800 140 4690
. Our centre is open 24 hours a day and we offer 100% FREE advice for all types of addictions.
Attempting to overcome addiction problems without help can be difficult. This is why it is common for people in this situation to seek help from outside agencies. It can be particularly important to receive this type of help in the early days of recovery.
Most people who try to break away from addiction will relapse within the first few days of quitting. If they are supported during this early stage the chances of them managing long term recovery will increase significantly. One of the best options for providing the help the individual needs will be alcohol and drug treatment centres.
The Need for Drug and Alcohol Rehab in Salisbury
One of the first challenges that people will face when they try to break away from addiction will be dealing with withdrawal symptoms. If the person has been using alcohol or drugs for a long time then these symptoms may be severe in nature.
Those who have been abusing barbiturates or alcohol long term may be at risk of delirium tremens (DTs), and this type of withdrawal symptoms can prove to be life threatening. It is therefore important that people in this situation have this period of their recovery medically supervised in a drug or alcohol detox centres.
Even if people are not at risk of developing DTs, they may still want to choose this type of rehab because it will make the process of coming off these substances easier.
There are a number of reasons for why detox centres make the process of recovery easier including:
- The individual will have their withdrawals medically supervised, and this means that they will be kept safe during this period
- The medical team will usually be able to provide the client with pharmaceutical agents that will make their withdrawals easier to deal with
- The person will have the encouragement and support they need to make it through this process. When the individual is going through withdrawal symptoms alone they are more at risk of relapsing because they may not be getting any encouragement when they are feeling low
- When the person is in a detox clinic they can begin learn the tools they will need to build a successful life away from addiction
In some cases alcohol and drug detox is performed in a different facility than rehab. There are also many places that offer detox in the rehabilitation centre so that the individual can pass through the whole program in one place. Those people who are looking for addiction help in Salisbury will need to decide if they prefer to have detox and rehab in the same location.
Available Drug and Alcohol Rehabilitation Centres in Salisbury
Once the person has made it through the detox stage of their recovery, they will then be ready for the rehab process. This is usually a residential program where the individual begins rebuilding their life.
Some people do choose to start their life in recovery without rehab, but there are some good reasons why people might want to choose this option including:
- During their stay in rehab the person will have the opportunity to dig down to the root of their problem. This is usually done using approaches such as counselling and group therapy. It is important that the individual is able to understand why they fell into addiction so that they can prevent similar mistakes in the future
- One of the most frequent reasons for why people relapse is that they feel unable to cope with life in recovery. By staying in this type of facility the individual will have the opportunity to begin developing the tools they need to be able to deal with things. This means that the person will feel able to cope with the challenges that comes their way, and the need to turn to alcohol or drugs will fall away
- One of the great benefits of attending alcohol and drug treatment centres is that the person will get to benefit from the knowledge and experience of the experts as well as those who have managed to recovery successfully from addiction. This knowledge will make it easier for the person to avoid the most common traps
- The individual will have the opportunity in add to their current life skills. These facilities usually have classes on things like assertiveness, anger management, and finding work
- When the person is staying in rehab they will be surrounded at all times by people who are on a common path. This means that they will have plenty of support and encouragement to help get them through the process of recovery
What to Expect in a Rehab in Salisbury
Rehabs vary a great deal in what they have to offer, but some of the things that people can expect will include:
- If the individual is choosing a private rehab they should get their own room. In some facilities they will even have their own TV and en suite facilities
- Most of these treatment centres will have daily group therapy sessions and at least weekly one to one therapy sessions
- It is usual for the individual to have a key worker who will take a particular interest in their case
- Some treatment centres will allow the individual to have visitors whilst others do not
- Clients will usually be expected to perform domestic duties during their stay in rehab. This is because most of these facilities are non-institutional and they are run like care homes
- Some alcohol and drug rehabs have a strong 12 Step emphasis in the program. This is good for people who intend to use AA or NA after they leave
- Some of these facilities will have restrictions on who they will accept – e.g. male only
Some people dealing with addiction in Salisbury are going to find the idea of attending an alcohol and drug rehabilitation centre more difficult to accept than others. Those people who usually prefer their own company can be put off with the idea of having to share a space with other clients in the rehab clinic.
The person may worry that they would feel overwhelmed in such an environment. The reality is that many people who would be considered loners have successfully made it through rehab and actually ended up enjoying the experience as well as benefiting from it.
It is vital that people from Salisbury who could benefit from this type of treatment do not allow their love of solitude to get in the way of the addiction help them need.
Getting help now
Rehab 4 Addiction is an organisation offering counselling and referral services to addicts and their families in Salisbury. We work with private clinics offering drug and alcohol treatment programmes on a residential basis. We also advise clients regarding outpatient rehab services.
Contact us today for more advice on 0800 140 4690.