Today we share an important infographic titled “The Impact of Alcohol in Scotland”. Alcoholism is perhaps the most common form of addiction throughout the world, and Scotland is no exception in this regard. This lively infographic is by CRESH and The University of Edinburgh.
At Rehab 4 Addiction, we assist people who suffer from many different types of addiction. Each day, we receive many calls from people who are suffering from alcoholism, and we fell this infographic correctly conveys dangers the excessive drinking.
The infographic outlines many alarming facts about alcohol consumption in Scotland.
Some of these facts include:
- 17% more alcohol is bought per adult in Scotland per year than in England and Wales
- 3.6 billion is spent on dealing with alcohol-related harm in Scotland each year
- The budget for dealing with alcohol-related harm is £1 billion more than Scotlands entire education budget
- Each year, around 96% of applications for new licensed premises are approved
- Every 15 minutes, someone in Scotland is hospitalised with an alcohol-related illness
We hope you enjoy the below infographic. Be sure to share this infographic on your social media channels and on your blog if you have one.
Here’s the infographic: