Overcoming an addiction problem can appear overwhelming if the individual attempts to go it alone. There is help available, and this will greatly increase the likelihood of breaking away from substance abuse for good. Achieving sobriety requires that the individual passes through a number of different stages.
The first few months are usually the most challenging, and this is when the person will usually need the most help. One places that they will be able to get this help will be in alcohol and drug addiction centres.
Rehab 4 Addiction offers addiction treatment across the West Midlands in Birmingham, Coventry, Wolverhampton, Solihull, Solihull, Walsall, West Bromwich and Dudley.
What Happens in Drug and Alcohol Rehab
There are many rehab facilities spread around West Bromwich, and what happens in these addiction treatment centres does vary in regard to what is provided. Each of these places will have their own ethos of recovery, but they will tend to share certain fundamental principles such as:
- The individual has the ability to break away from their addiction
- The job of the alcohol and drug addiction centres is to empower the individual to take charge of their own recovery
- This person will benefit from a protected and nurturing environment during their early weeks of sober living
- A multidisciplinary team of dedicated professionals will be able to help the individual by providing them with the resources they need
- It is vital that the individual is adequately prepared for their return to the community
- The person in alcohol and drug treatment centres will need to develop certain skills during their stay
The Type of Treatment Available in Rehab
The type of treatments available in a West Bromwich rehab will include:
- 12 Step work
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Group therapy
- One to one therapy
- Regular sessions with a key worker
- Skills workshops
- Holistic treatments
- Relapse prevention
- Group activities
Fear of Going to Rehab
There will be people in West Bromwich who resist getting the help they need for addiction problems because they are worried about the stigma involved. The person will be concerned that by entering a drug and alcohol rehab and receiving addiction treatment they will be harming their own reputation and future.
This type of worry is understandable, but it is usually not a problem in reality because:
- It is likely that most people will already realise that something is not right with the individual. This means that by falling into substance abuse the person has already harmed their reputation anyway. The fact that other people have not mentioned their suspicions does not mean that they do not suspect. In most cases, people will fail to say something because they just do not wish to get involved
- Even if the person is fooling people now this state of affairs is unlikely to last long term. The reality is that those who are trapped in addiction are caught in a downward spiral. This means that the longer they remain addicted the worst things are going to get. If the individual remains trapped in addiction they are almost certainly going to severely damage their reputation as well as losing everything else
- Most people will be impressed to hear that the individual is entering drug and alcohol rehabilitation centres. It shows that the person is serious about improving their life and that they are willing to do whatever it takes to do this. It takes guts to get addiction help
- Those people in West Bromwich who enter this type of facility have a great chance of living a better life in the future. This means that by entering this type of facility the likelihood is that they are going to be benefiting their reputation
Residential Rehab Clinics West Bromwich
There are rehab clinics to be found in West Bromwich. The level of luxury offers by these facilities will vary, but it is generally understood that it is important to ensure that these rehabs are comfortable.
This is because if the individual is unhappy with their environment they will struggle to get the most out of the programme. Here are some things to consider in regards to the standard of accommodation offered.
- Most of the private residential rehab clinics in West Bromwich will provide the client with their own room along with en suite facilities. In some places, the individual will be expected to share a room during the detox stage of their recovery, but they will get their own room after this
- Some facilities will provide the resident with a TV in their own room
- Some rehabs accept both males and females while other facilities will only cater to one sex only
- Most drug and alcohol treatment centres will be willing to accept clients who are suffering from a dual diagnosis. This means that they have a mental health problem, such as depression, alongside their addiction problem. The usual policy for these facilities is that they will accept clients with complex problems so long as addiction is currently their primary problem
- Most facilities will accept clients who are on prescribed anti-depression or antipsychotic medication
- These places vary in their ability to cater to clients with disability needs
Drug and Alcohol Aftercare in West Bromwich
Drug and alcohol rehabilitation centres are the first stages in recovery from addiction. They will provide the person with a solid base in recovery but more work will be required in order to ensure lasting recovery. Some rehabs provide second-stage housing where the client will continue to be supported in their recovery.
Other individuals will not need this amount of support, but it is important that they have some support going forward in order to stay sober. This is important because the most common reason why people relapse after they leave rehab is that they did not receive sufficient support.
Getting help now
Rehab 4 Addiction is an organisation offering counselling and referral services to addicts and their families in Welwyn Garden City. We work with private clinics offering drug and alcohol treatment programmes on a residential basis. We also advise clients regarding outpatient rehab services.
Contact us today for more advice on 0800 140 4690.